Thursday, May 14, 2009

(W4) Podcasting in Teaching & Learning

Podcasting in teaching and learning 
Tuesday 9th June 09 ... 1:45 to 5:00 

Podcasts are really very simple (once you have been shown) ... they are audio (sometimes video) recordings that are put on the internet (subscribed to) and have the potential to be brilliant resources to use with students and by students. We will e go through the whole process of making an audio Podcast and then putting it on a website so it can be listened to by anyone in the world with an internet connection.

If you have time before the workshop then have a listen to some of the Podcasts we made in earlier workshops in Singapore ... they really are fun to listen to http://shambles.podbean.com

If you are attending this session then please click on "comments" below and introduce yourself ... please include information which you think will help me to customise the session to be more suitable to your individual needs. e.g. what ICT skills and experiences do you already have, are you already using it in class, what expectations do you have for this session.

9 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I do not have any concerns at the moment but am looking forward to the course.
Just a short intro, i am Peiying from Pasir Ris Crest Secondary. I am currently teaching geography and social studies so it will be good if i can pick up some skills from this course to put into my teaching.

Peiying

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I chose this course because I would like to find out how I could use this for the teaching of language or in anyway get students more interested in learning of the language.(By the way, I teach Mother Tongue- Chinese Language)
Lea Ching

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Lucy from Kinabalu International School. I'm teaching ICT (primary and secondary) and looking forward to the course. I hope I will be able to spice up my ICT classes after this course.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have been wanting to attend this course since the beginning of the year. And I am really glad that I have finally gotten a chance to attend and learn more about audio & video podcasting

Thank you,
Suja

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Anna from Outram Secondary School. I'm interested to find out how I can utilise podcasting as a powerful tool in my English classes and help my students to strengthen their language skills while having fun.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All,

I am Jane from YJC. Looking forward to the course! I am curious about what is a podcast and how to use it for teaching. See you!! :D

Cheers, Jane

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,
I am Nur from Ministry of Education Language Centre. I joined this course because I would like to find out alternative ways to engage my students online so that even if they miss their lessons, they will still be able to follow the lessons closely.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Woon Ping from Yishun Junior College here. I will really wannt to explore how this workshop can help me in my teaching.

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Im Vyna. Just wondering how I can use podcasting and videocasting to make the subject of Economics more alive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home