Thursday, May 14, 2009

(W5) Beyond PowerPoint

Beyond PowerPoint 
Wednesday 10th June 2009 ... 9am to 12.15pm 

Are you or your students becoming bored using PowerPoint as the main tool for producing presentations ... are you or your students suffering from "Death by PowerPoint" or "PowerPointlessness"? .... then this session is designed specifically for you (or your students). 

We will look at some of the alternatives for spicing up presentations and making them more exciting ... not only using software but also web 2.0 online applications. 
The alternatives chosen are mainly free, can be learnt in just a few minutes by teachers with very little experience and make use of the slides you have already produced in your old PowerPoints. 
We will also look at ways in which students can build and share their presentations collaboratively. In addition you will be shown where to find free (legal) resources for presentations (images, videos and sound files) .... and clarify how to copyright your own resources. 

If you are attending this session then please click on "comments" below and introduce yourself ... please include information which you think will help me to customise the session to be more suitable to your individual needs. e.g. what ICT skills and experiences do you already have, are you already using it in class, what expectations do you have for this session.

12 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger joy said...

Hi, me again. I would like to learn how to spice up my powerpoint slides as they are rather boring at the moment. How do I source for interesting video clips apart from Youtube? How do I insert video clips into powerpoint mode so that it forms part of my presentation without me having to come out of it? Where can I access and how do I insert moving icons onto powerpoint slides? how do I insert photos? I guess some of these are repeat Qs as knowing how to do one will probably lead to knowing the rest? Thank you and see you at the workshop.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to learn 1) where to look for nice templates which are compatible with MS PPT. 2) how to insert video clips into the ppt presentation 3) pointers about effective presentation of material in PPT 4) how to insert other stuff that could inject more animation into PPT slides 5) any other advanced stuff that ppt is capable of doing which partially IT challenged people like myslef are not aware of.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Nasrina said...

Hie,
I'm Nasrina. First -timer for this series of worshops. Very interested to learn about inserting videoclips and generally to get tips to transform my slides so that to show students that I am not so IT idiot because I really am.Gain a bit of respect.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Choo said...

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any website for educational games (foc to download)? Currently, I am using those available in powerpoint version,but after a while, the students get a bit bored playing them.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woon Ping here from Yishun Junior College, will like to learn more means to enthuse the students as they are now very jaded by all the good powerpoints they are seeing.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Fadilah. looking forward for this workshop. Having problem to insert movie to slide. Hope I can learn i much as possible thru this workshop!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Vyna said...

Hi,

Vyna here. Not sure what to expect from this course - moved away from powerpoint some time back and went back to whiteboard teaching (*gasp!*) with using videos and games as an add-on. I want to know how I can make using powerpoints effective again.

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Iskander said...

Hi
I'm Iskander. I would like to learn how to make my powerpoint slides more interactive. At the same time I would like to know how to insert videoclip and music to my powerpoint slides so as to make them come alive.
Hope I would learn as much from the workshop on the effective used of powerpoint slides.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Triangle said...

Helloo! This is Triangle speaking here... Thank you for making me famous on Podcast..
Here I will be attending your Powerpoint session and I would like to learn if it is possible to make little games or quizzes for the students using powerpoint. Thank you!
Oh.. and also, were you able to find out if you can stop the music?

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Rohasan From Dunman Sec. Having problems to spice up my powerpoint slide. Hope to learn new tricks and technique form this workhsop.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous norizan said...

Hi I'm Norizan,
Would like to go more than using the normal powerpoint slide presentation in the classroom teaching like making
my slides look and sound more like a video.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..
Faiezah here.. Would like to know more about making the slides more interesting and engaging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home