Thursday, January 15, 2009

(W4) Podcasting in Teaching & Learning

Use of Podcasts in teaching and learning
Tuesday 17th March 09 ... 2:00 to 5:00
Podcasts are really very simple (once you have been shown) ... they are audio (sometimes video) recordings that are put on the internet (subscribed to) and have the potential to be brilliant resources to use with students and by students.
We will e go through the whole process of making an audio Podcast and then putting it on a website so it can be listened to by anyone in the world with an internet connection.

If you have time before the workshop then have a listen to some of the Podcasts we made in earlier workshops in Singapore ... they really are fun to listen to
http://shambles.podbean.com

Your Homework ... one job before you arrive .... introduce yourself (e.g. name, where you are working now, what age students do you work with, do you already use the internet, any technology/computer experiences)
and also say what you hope to achieve at the workshop.
Just click on the word "Comments" below
and fill in the form that should come up.
You can post anonymously although it would be nice to know who you are.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds very interesting - shame I won't be able to come! I have started a blog for our podcasting site (for learners and teachers of English) which aims to encourage more teachers to use podcasts in their teaching. I find that so many people are still rather fazed by the whole thing - especially teachers. I look forward to hearing how this goes.

The podcaster's blog

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Mr Clement said...

Hello. I am Mark Clement. I teach History and Theory of Knolwedge to high school students at the International School Ho Chi Minh City. This year the school supplied all students in Grades 9-11 and their teachers with tablets. I use the internet a lot for resources. We also use programs such as OneNote, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. I am looking forward to learning more advanced applications.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger RobS said...

Hello there. I'm Rob Starmer. I'm also making my way over from HCMC in Vietnam. I'm teaching Grade 9-12 Biology in the MYP and DP programs. I am at the same school as Mark in the above post. I'm hoping that I can develop a few more interesting ways for my students to make use of the tablet computers they have been given.
Podcasting seems like a great way for students to present work in a novel way. No more cringeworthy shyness in front of the class maybe?

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger sagiraffe said...

Hi there. I am Annie and I teach Economics to pre-university students in a junior college in Singapore. I look forward to learning new ways to reach out to my students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home