Thursday, January 15, 2009

(W1) Internet Survival Skills for Teachers

Internet Survival Skills for Teacher
Monday 16th March 09 ... 9:00 to 12:00

Are you finding it difficult to keep up to date with changes on the internet and concerned that your students might know more about 'surfing' and web 2.0 than you do .... well the good news is that this half day session is designed specifically for you.

You will learn how to create your own powerful website in just minutes without having to learn any technical or programming skills, you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is even for beginners and technophobics.  The reason for creating a website is that this will then be tool to help you with the organisation of your own online presence and your own personal learning network.

We will spend time looking at Really Simple Syndication;  RSS is still a well kept secret for many educators (and students) but it has the potential to save you time ... lots of time!.

The final application we will cover is Social Bookmarking .... this is also guaranteed to save time and help you feel more in control of your online life and also benefit from the work of other teachers ... whatever subjects or age level you teach. 

Those attending this session are asked to:

  a) introduce themselves before the session on the Blog at http://singaporeworkshops.blogspot.com
  b) (optional) bring a thumbdrive/flashdrive to save files on ... or bring your own laptop

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Mr Clement said...

Hello. I am Mark Clement. I teach History and Theory of Knolwedge to high school students at the International School Ho Chi Minh City. This year the school supplied all students in Grades 9-11 and their teachers with tablets. I use the internet a lot for resources. We also use programs such as OneNote, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. I am looking forward to learning more advanced applications.

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings one and all

I am Azean from Ngee Ann Secondary School. Currently, I teach English and Additional Math to Sec 2 and Sec 4 students respectively. I LOVE the Internet - can't imagine my life without it. For the upcoming workshop, I am looking forward to the part on creating websites. C ya!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger thuydo said...

Hi, I'm Thuy Do, also from ISHCMC like Mark. I am teaching Vietnamese Literature and my students and I recently have increased our use of PowerPoint, Inspiration 8 and OneNote. Although I am not a confident IT user, especially when many of my students are experts in this field, I myself found that the use of IT has made our subject much more interesting. thus, I wish I could study IT further so that I can become a more competent IT user.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home