Thursday, May 14, 2009

(W3) Blogs and Blogging

Blogs for teaching and learning 
Tuesday 9th June 09 ... 9:00 to 12:15 

What is a Blog (Weblog), how do you make one and what can they be used for? ... we will answer all of these and you will create one in real time. 

If you have time before the workshop then have a browse around
http://www.shambles.net/web2#blog
and
http://bloggingvideos.blogspot.com

If you are attending this session then please click on "comments" below and introduce yourself ... please include information which you think will help me to customise the session to be more suitable to your individual needs. e.g. what ICT skills and experiences do you already have, are you already using it in class, what expectations do you have for this session.

5 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Foong Yin Ping said...

Hi, this is Yin Ping. Teaching Geography and Social Studies at Northbrooks. I dont have a blog but I've been around reading students' blogs. I would like to find out two things from the workshop: 1) how I can use blogs to teach, and also 2) how different are blogs from the usual websites? Am looking forward to the workshop. :)

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger joy said...

Hi, Bee Moey here. I teach Economics at Victoria JC. While I am keen to learn how to fit blogs into teaching my subject, I am also concerned whether it might take up a lot of my time to be 'on tap' for students? As it is now, I am already swamped with students' queries via email. Will blogging help to reduce that or add on to it? Looking forward to becoming more IT savvy as I am currently still an immigrant who feels more comfortable reading from printed pages

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Wiyah here. I teach Mother Tongues at First Toa Payoh Pri School. I am looking forward to learn as much as possible. I am interested to know whtr i can use blog to teach.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I'm Judith. Don't know squat about blogs except the what the media is syaing about it. I hear that blogs are getting old, like me!!
Anyway, glad to be here.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Caroline here. I teach Geography, Social Studies and English. I would like to find out how blogs can be harnessed to teach and engage students? How different is it from a web page if videos, podcasts, slides etc. could be attached to a blog? Looking forward to an enlightening and fun time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home