Saturday, May 10, 2008

(W1) Web 2.0

(W1) Introducing Web 2.0 supporting teaching and learning
Monday 2nd June 08 ... 9am to 12.30pm
This session will be a general introduction to the (new) "Read-Write" web, (Web 2.0), we will look at what it is, what makes a web 2.0 website different from the older more traditional ones.
We will also look at several examples and see how they might be used in teaching and learning ... i8ncluding Social Bookmarking, RSS and Google Apps.

If you have time before the workshop then have a browse around http://www.shambles.net/web2 and http://web2videos.blogspot.com


Your Homework ... one job before you arrive .... introduce yourself (e.g. name, where you are working now, what age students do you work with, do you already use the internet, any technology/computer experiences)
and also say what you hope to achieve at the workshop.
If you already have your own Blog then it would be BRILLIANT if you can put the address (url) in your comment.
Just click on the word "Comments" below
and fill in the form that should come up.

You can post anonymously although it would be nice to know who you are.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Masturah currently teaching in MOELC. In MOELC previously, we had a learning website which was updated per weekly by teachers for their classes..recently we embarked on web portal. I am still familiarizing myself with the tools. All the web sources are actually very good as learning tools..my concern is the time that i need to spend on finding the sources, or even whether i have the time to make my on webpage or blog..I have 4 little kids..that's already a handful :)

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently teaching Arabic as 3rd language. Like Mdm Masturah had said, we currently have an e-learning platform which can post weekly lessons. My concerns are that Arabic sources are hardly to find as a learning tool so I hope that I can create sources that are useful for my students' learning development.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Jason Roach said...

Cheers, I'm Jason. I teache grade 4at the American School and am most of the way through earning my master's degree in Library and Information Science. I'm just at the moment building my first wiki to use with some kids in a summer reading program. See you Monday.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Ted and I am the High School Principal at the Canadian International School (Singapore). We are a one-to-one laptop school. I am quite comfortable with computers having done a lot of programming (albeit many years ago) in university. Not much experience with creating websites though. I'm here to get ideas and make contacts to share with the staff at CIS.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger memy said...

Hi Chris,
I'm Memy from Woodlands Ring Sec. Sch. I am currently teaching Malay language. I hope to gain more knowledge and confidence in conducting IT lessons/projects for my students as I am not very IT savvy.

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Ingrid and I'm currently teaching High School Physics at the American School. I have a Master's in Curriculum and Technology and am currently doing my PhD in Ed Tech. I'm interested in how we can make the most out of Web 2.0 and really get kids and teachers engaged in learning and teaching this way.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,I'm Ann and I'm interested to see how to use webtools ,etc can be used for student learning or communicating with others.
Not very IT savvy but keen to pick it upnow. Just got a Macbook so it really makes PCwork a breeze. My school computers are usingthe Microsoft Wondows system. Would like to find out how to move smoothly between the different operating systems, if anyone in the courseis aware.
Cheers.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Soo How, currently teaching Mathematics. Would like to know more about how to incoporate Web 2.0 tools to support the teaching of Mathematics.

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I am Yohan
currently teaching at Gan Eng Seng School, Maths for Sec 1 and 2.
I currently use blog for my Maths teaching and learning. You can find it at
http://mad-about-math.blogspot.com
See you all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home