Saturday, December 01, 2007

Pioneer Junior College 13March08 (private)

Pioneer Junior College 13 March 2008 9:00-1:00

Making use of Blogs for teaching and learning

What is a Blog (Weblog), how do you make one and what can they be used for? ... we will answer all of these and you will create one in real time.
If you have time before the workshop then have a browse around http://www.shambles.net/web2#blog and http://bloggingvideos.blogspot.com

I understand that some of you will be coming to the session with some specific topics and hope to be able to use Blogs to support those topics.
I will modify the session to help you with some of these ... but more importantly, I will introduce you to Blog search engines so that you can find out if someone already has a Blog on your topic.

Another resource that can help you is the Shambles website ... just go to www.shambles.net and use the site search box.


Your Homework
...
one job before you arrive .... introduce yourself (e.g. name, what age students do you work with, do you already use the internet, any technology/computer experiences)
and also say what you hope to achieve at the workshop or special requests.
Just click on the word "Comments" below
and fill in the form that should come up.

You can post anonymously although it would be nice to know who you are.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JC2 GP tutor

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger beh_family said...

Hi,
My name is Nikki and I teach the JC2s - that would make them about 17-18, I guess. :)
I see that there is a lot of potential in blogs that I am still unaware of - so I am eager to know how to fully tap on these potentials. :)

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am Karoline and I teach JC1 - so they would be abt 16-17. Hv used blogs before but at a very basic level. Anyway, the WWW is my library...so, yes, I use alot of it and love it!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Guess it is kinda late, but here's my entry ") I am Kelly and I teach General Paper to 2 classes of JC2 kids. I used a blog last year in class, but found that students don't really use it outside class. It really only came alive when I conducted a real time lesson in the computer lab. It was useful in getting the quiet ones to participate. However, my skilss are rudimentary, so yes, looking forward to your lesson. Cheers!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous College Singapore said...

Hello! This blog certainly project good information for the students.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home