Thursday, May 03, 2007

Workshops 4th and 5th June 2007

4th and 5th June 2007 Programme
Four workshops are available to you early in June 2007 ... again, all with a Web 2.0 and Teaching & Learning Themes, details of each are below.
Venue: Computer Lab 1 @ Technology Centre, Hwa Chong Institution, 661 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 269734 ... you should have already received your map from Synergyst.
You can download a flier with more details at www.shambles.net/newsletter/may2007/singapore/Web2forTeachLearn.pdf
or visit the Synergyst (Singapore organisers) website ... www.synergyst.com

One of the advantages of Web 2.0, apart from being a powerful set of online tools for teaching and learning, is that it is very low cost and in many cases free providing you have an internet connection. In the workshops below all the applications, software and websites we use will be free.

It is hoped to have a hands-on session in these workshops where you can try some of the applications ... but that, of course, will depend on the internet connection behaving itself.

If you are attending any of the workshops then I would be grateful if you could do just one thing before you arrive .... introduce yourself (e.g. name, where you working now, what age students do you work with, do you already use the internet) and also say what you hope to achieve at the workshop.
Just click on the word "Comment" underneath the workshop you are attending below and fill in the form that should come up.
Listen to the intro from Chris here ....




All of these workshops have the added benefit of supporting the ideals behind the Singapore "Teach Less Learn More" initiative ... i.e. being able to empower students even more.
I look forward to working with you.

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Lydia Hgoh from Balestier Hill Secondary School. I teach lower secondary students. I would like to learn new ideas to make my lessons more interesting and interactive.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Feanor said...

Hi! I am Benny from Millennia Institute. I teach 'A'-level History. I want to utilize some of the ideas and teaching methodologies from the workshops in my classroom teaching. As I am not very proficient in IT, I am looking forward to hands-on practices for developing my IT capacity.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Lynn from Yangzheng Primary. I teach lower primary. I hope I will have some takeaways from this workshop. See you!

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am Chai Wee, pupils call me Mr. Neo. I am from Anderson Secondary, main teaching subjects are History and Geography. My audience in class are mostly Sec 3-4s kids(15 - 16 years old.
I signed up to get me on to Web 2.0. I don't want to go the way of the dinosaurs, in the eyes of the kids.... extinct in the IT sense.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Premala. I am with the Middle School Library at the Singapore American School. I am interested in learning the new ideas so as to be equipped with the knowledge when dealing with the students in the library. We would be introducing audio podcasting and I would like to be familiar with it in order to assist users.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I look forward to mtg all of you at the course. WeeSS

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Annie from Yangzheng Primary School. I am and have been a Primary 1 teacher for many years. I hope to be able to learn more from the workshop which I can use in the classroom. See ya!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wats up... Im Shah, from Anglo Chinese School (Barker Road). I am the IT manager there, Dont teach but train teachers to teach better. So this might be a good tool and platform to use...have a slight blogging knowledge.. but my point of view is that blogging is a virtual diary or a space where you share thoughts and comments

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Looking forward to the workshop. SinYB

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi hi... I'm Mui Leng fr Balestier Hill Sec (same sch as Lydia). I teach EL and EL Lit in both Upper and Lower Sec. Okie.. i've procrastinated long enuf.. Thks to Lydia, i'm finally gonna do smtg abt 'upgrading' myself to teach these "digital natives" in my class. Can't lose face, u noe?!! Hee hee.. look 4ward to meeting u all.. See ya. ;))))))

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Sorry for being late. My name is Mohamad. I'm teaching in a primary school. Look forward to what this course is all about. Cya!

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Blogging is the in thing .I wish to use this in the classroom and get pupils to voice their views on current topics.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am looking forward to learn something that I can use in my class.

Rathika, Qifa Primary

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

This is Tommy from NYP.
I look forward to sharing my knowledge learned here with my fellow students.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all,

Like many of you guys, i'm looking forward to learn something from this ICT wokshop so as to value-add my teaching package.

Cheers,
Jasmine, PJC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home