Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beyond PowerPoint

Mon 30th Nov : 9:00 - 5:00 (full day session)
Beyond PowerPoint


If students are bored with ppt then these alternatives will stimulate.
Are you or your students becoming bored using PowerPoint as the main tool for producing presentations ... are you or your students suffering from "Death by PowerPoint" or "PowerPointlessness"? .... then this session is designed specifically for you (or your students).

We will look at some of the alternatives for spicing up presentations and making them more exciting ... not only using software but also web 2.0 online applications.

The alternatives chosen are mainly free, can be learnt in just a few minutes by teachers with very little experience and make use of the slides you have already produced in your old PowerPoints.

We will also look at ways in which students can build and share their presentations collaboratively. In addition you will be shown where to find free (legal) digital resources for presentations (images, videos and sound files) .... and clarify how to copyright your own resources.
Please note that this is NOT a workshop about PowerPoint although we will be spending time at the beginning covering some of the mistakes students make when presenting and also ensuring we all have at least the basic skills of reducing file sizes and exporting slides.

Please bring a simple PowerPoint presentation with you to this session .... consisting of about 6 slides.







Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Shanom age 33 a primary school Malay Language teacher. I am so interested in this workshop so that I can use it to engage my pupils in my lessons. I have been using Power Point and I wish to know what beyond Power Point can provide me to make my lessons engaging and interesting for my pupils.
Shanom
Geylang Methodist Sch(Pri)

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous kahyin said...

Hi, I'm Kahyin, a Humanities teacher from Chestnut Drive Secondary School. I am interested to make my powerpoint slides more interactive and engaging for my students. I hope that the workshop will help me in so doing.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Grace, a Chinese Language teacher from St Anthony's Canossian Primary School. Powerpoint is one of my most frequently used teaching tools,so I hope I would be able to make my lessons become even more alive after attending the workshop.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Chiew Sook Yee said...

HI, I am Chiew Sook Yee, a Chinese Language teacher from Nan Hua Primary School. Power point is also one of my most frequently used teaching tools. I would like to try out other tools to make my lessons more interactive.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Cikgu Zakiah said...

Hi, I'm Zakiah from Yuying Secondary School and I teach Malay Language. I just graduated from NTU-NIE in July so I've only started teaching as a qualified teacher for about half a year. I've made a problem-based learning package using Powerpoint during my degree course, and that took a very long time due to the animation sequences, because the Powerpoint was designed to be on auto play with ONLY the student clicking on certain hyperlinked action buttons before finally coming to the task slide. I would like to know how to make Powerpoint slides that are more interactive and would lessen teacher talk quite a bit. I believe TLLM (Teach Less Learn More) should also mean the teacher talks less, in terms of direct teaching. ;P

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I would like to know advanced tools like how to navigate from other slides back to the "Home" slide through an embedded icon. Thanks.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Hi,my name is Phil, aged 58.i wouldliketoimprove my presentations by using embedded video links and anything else really that is available. I am not a cyber native but I would like to pass the citizenship test

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Dzaariny from Poi Ching School. I have been using Power Point in my lessons to engage my pupils, especially so for the visual learners. With this ICT age, I am wondering what other ways can we include ICT into our lessons to make it more interactive for the pupils - hands on application perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home