Sunday, October 11, 2009

Video in the Classroom

Tue 1st Dec 2009  1:45-5:00
Using Video in Teaching and Learning
Video as digital media is now highly accessible on the internet and is becoming a more common multimedia resource to use with your students.

We will cover 'where to find videos', and what to do with them once found. We will also look at some of the production and editing tools, especially those that can be used in a web browser.

Other video-related topics covered will be screencasting, streaming video and embedding video into blogs and other webpages ... and, of course, YouTube

If you already have a video camera then please feel free to bring along to show others ... I'll be showing my favourite ...
the Flip Camcorder



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I am Chiew Sook Yee, a Chinese language teacher from Nan Hua Primary School. I would like to know more about Video in the classroom eg how to use photoes to show a short clips to introduce a new topic in the class, how to download Youtube so that I don't have to waste so much time waiting for it to buffer in class.

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Ong Pei Ee. I teaches Maths and Computer Application at Secondary level. I am interested to know what is the best way to keep/ store videos after downloading them or compress them for those that are really big in file size. I am also interested to know how to do video editing, eg. removing part of the video if they are irrelevant to my lesson.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Padhmeni. I am a Chemistry teacher from Paya Lebar MGS(Sec). For the last 2 years I have been sourcing out for relevant videos to make my students understand concepts better. I would like to know how to edit videos as well as look for more resources other than youtube and howstuffworks.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Florence and am teaching Food and nutrition. I would like to know how to download and use the videos for my lessons. Besides this the copy right issues. How to edit the videos and customise for my class use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home