Monday, August 11, 2008

(W2) Blogs and Blogging

(W2) Making use of Blogs for teaching and learning
Monday 17th November 08 ... 2pm to 5.30pm
What is a Blog (Weblog), how do you make one and what can they be used for? ... we will answer all of these and you will create one in real time.
If you have time before the workshop then have a browse around http://www.shambles.net/web2#blog and http://bloggingvideos.blogspot.com

Your Homework ... one job before you arrive .... introduce yourself (e.g. name, where you are working now, what age students do you work with, do you already use the internet, any technology/computer experiences)
and also say what you hope to achieve at the workshop.
If you already have your own Blog then it would be BRILLIANT if you can put the address (url) in your comment.
Just click on the word "Comments" below
and fill in the form that should come up.
You can post anonymously although it would be nice to know who you are.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I'm Fang (pronounced 'fung') from St. Andrew's JC. We work with 16 - 18 year olds here, students who are savvy enough with the Internet but who still lack the necessary online research skills. I'm pretty ok with IT i guess - I do most of my work on a laptop - but I hope to learn more about how Web 2.0 can help to reduce (instead of increasing) a teacher's workload. The latter is really a huge obstacle and it's preventing many teachers from even wanting to try Web 2.0....

thanks!

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!

I'm Cheryl from Xinmin Sec, my students range from 13 to 15 years old. I use the internet everyday and I used to have a personal blog. I also used to use a blog for my lessons. However, I'd like to know how I can use it more effectively.

Thanks!

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
I'm Siva (short for my very long name). I teach mainly 15 year olds and use IT almost all the time in my English and Literature lesons. I have used blogging as a forum for English class and my CCA but it hasn't been as effective as I hoped. I hope to learn how to use this tool in more effective and creative manner.
Thanks.
Cheers,
Siva

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris

I'm Mazna from Xinmin Secondary School. I have been teaching for the past 12 years and am keen to know how I can incorporate blogging into my lessons so as to make it more engaging for my 16-17 year old IT savy students. I hope through this, I can raise their interest level in the learning of English in my class.

Regards
Mazna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home